Frequently asked questions
- What does Petnostics test for?
- The urine strip we use in our test kits is the same strip used by veterinarians. It tests for certain parameters present in the urine that can give insights into your pet’s overall health. These parameters include Bilirubin, Blood, Glucose, Ketones, Leukocytes, pH, Protein, and Specific Gravity.
- Do the test kits expire?
- Unopened test kits have a shelf-life of ~24 months.
- How reliable are the results?
- Because Petnostics uses the same test strips that veterinarians use, the accuracy of the results are similar to those obtained at a vet office. Please keep in mind though that our test kit is not intended for diagnosis use, as it is a screening kit. If you have any questions or concerns about your results, please consult with your vet.
- I tried scanning and it didn't work, now what?
- When certain lighting conditions (shadow, glare, etc.) are present causing the app to not scan, the manual image process is initiated. In this case, an image is sent to our team and we will analyze the results based on this image. Once the results are available, we will email you letting you know. Manual images are generally processed within 24 hours.
- How long do I have to wait to scan the strip after exposing it to urine?
- Since the test strip is time sensitive (colors continue to develop over time), it is meant to be scanned at 60 seconds after the strip comes in contact with the urine. There is a built-in timer in the app that will count down the 60 seconds for you.
Do you have a question we didn't answer? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below. We will get back to you within 24 hours.